Thursday, June 30, 2011

Who Says Working Out Has to be Boring?

So today I'm having trouble thinking of something to write about.  Of course I had millions of ideas to write about just yesterday, but I keep forgetting to write them down.. I need to work on that.

I think this will be good for discussion though:

Lately I've really been getting into jump roping.  I've wanted to jump into it (yes I just did that) for a while now, and I finally made the purchase of this rope.

When I work out, I like to keep my mind off of what I'm doing if it is something prolonged and boring (I can only deal with this in front of a TV lately).  However, jumping rope is just enough of a challenge to keep my attention span at ease, and it is something that you don't have to do for hours to burn calories.

Since investing in a rope, I've challenged myself to being able to jump rope like the cool boxers do, nice and REALLY fast.  The new challenge has provided me the motivation to keep at this exercise because it is something I can see myself progressing at everyday.  Not only that, but I know it is really good for me! (unfortunately I know this doesn't go over well with people with bad joints)

What is your favorite type of exercise right now?  What are you really getting into and enjoying?  What have you enjoyed in the past and how long do you stay with it?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you've heard of these things, but I started using Vibram Five Fingers this summer. You'll have to look it up, but they're the "toe shoes." Before, I hated running and it hurt my knees. But I love running in these things, and best of all, no knee problems!

    ReplyDelete